Thursday, August 04, 2005

New study widens pill risks, benefits for cancer

New study widens pill risks, benefits for cancer - Yahoo! News

Could have told you so. I'm convinced - as well as my medical people, it seems - that my use of HRT was related to the breast cancer I've had.

From the article...

"...group of 21 scientists elevated the warning on hormonal menopausal therapy to "carcinogenic" from "possibly carcinogenic."

The scientists concluded, based on an expanded study, that "combined menopausal
therapy" increased the risk of breast cancer and in some cases endometrial cancer. "


You know, I'm still wondering if I should join in on this class action lawsuit regarding Prempro I saw advertised in the newspaper. . .? I've been reluctant because I'd rather not get involved with lawyers, as well as recalling the disturbing details of my breast-cancer past.

Anyway, beware of hormone meds, ladies.

No comments: