Tuesday, August 16, 2005

CNN.com - Crawford troop�memorial desecrated

CNN.com - Crawford troop�memorial desecrated - Aug 16, 2005

Regardless of what one may think of Cindy Sheehan, regardless of whether one supports the Iraq War or not, regardless of whether one supports Bush or not, this is plain wrong.

1. I don't like seeing crosses run down and broken. It offends me as a Christian.

2. This is, essentially, running down a memorial to our troops killed in Iraq. Spitting in the eyes of their families, spitting in the eyes of our troops still in that hell called Iraq.

I'm really glad the guy got arrested. Ha - he got caught because one of the crosses busted his tire. Somehow appropriate, eh?

2 comments:

freethoughtguy said...

I'm an Atheist, and I don't like seeng these busted crosses either.

Ironically, I betcha a Christian did this.

chm said...

You know, I think you're right.

Yes, irony! Also shows a lack of tolerance for others' POVs.

So, even un-American, IMO. Irony also.