Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Coffee can be good for you, experts say

Coffee can be good for you, experts say - Yahoo! News (Reuters)

In a glucose kind of way according to these studies. As in coffee might possibly help prevent Type 2 diabetes.

I'm guessing that if one already has Type 2 diabetes or are in a pre-diabetes, in-between place (as I am, and so many), the slowing of the intestinal absorption of glucose that coffee appears to do would apply to us pre-diabetics as well.

A tip: cinnamon appears to good for diabetics/those-of-us-with- glucose-issues. Just in case, I usually sprinkle some cinnamon in my coffee. Makes it better, anyway. Cinnamon is otherwise supposed to be good for you as well, as is its "cousin", nutmeg.

Tip #2: As in how much coffee to drink? I would think this old adage would apply - All things in moderation, including moderation.

No comments: