Thursday, October 12, 2006

AARP - Get Fit on Route 66

AARP - Get Fit on Route 66

Yes, AARP - I indeed am a woman old enough to know better. It's actually a good site, and the AARP can actually be helpful in many ways to those of us lucky enough to be over 50.

I've started this AARP Fitness "Game." (I need all the physical activity encouragement I can get, frankly. It's about getting off my "but", as well as my butt!)

I like Route 66: - I liked the TV series, I like the TV series theme song, I like how Rte. 66 goes from Chicago (my hometown!) to L.A. (where I live now), old cars are fun and cool, I like seeing (sort of) America, I enjoy the '50s graphics on the site...

Ever see the recent movie "Cars"? It features Rte. 66.

Oh, how does the game work? The more minutes you spend physically (walking, exercise, also physical work of whatever kind...), the more miles down Route 66 your car will go. You pick your own classic car - which is hard, because I wanted all of them. I settled for a woodie like my dad had when I was little. But I was so tempted by the 'Vette (the TV series car, also), as well as the big tail-fin classic...

There's also a diner, BTW.

Let's see how this goes! Heading down the highway... (Rte 66 theme alternating with music from "Cars" as well as a bit of "Born to Be Wild")

First off, to do something so I can get some mileage going instead of just talking about it! Getting off my "but"/butt now! (How about you?)

No comments: