Monday, March 06, 2006

Advair, Other Asthma Drug Get Label Alerts

Advair, Other Asthma Drug Get Label Alerts - Yahoo! News

Kinda creepy article. On the personal level, too, as I'm an Advair user.

Advair does enable me to manage my mild asthma. I have more of a life with it than without it. In fact, my asthma is so well managed now that I almost forget I have it. Enough so that it's worth the blasted $160 or more a month. (I do remember my asthma when refill time rolls around. : ( That's a lotta bucks!)

This reminds me when one of my favorite allergy meds was recalled. Remember Seldane?

PS: Do not have grapefruit with Advair. (Darn, I like grapefruit juice.)

Yes, strange, but true. Ask your doctor or read the fine print that comes with the Advair.

What happens is that the grapefruit will strengthen the Advair somehow and you'll wind up with the equivalent of an Advair overdose. Not safe!

No comments: